Re: EDU Win Lab

> I have been able to show the lab tech at this school how to do basic
> things, like ssh into a system, do a killall -9 soffice.bin when students
> try to open star office 18 times ( have you ever seen a linux box with a
> load over 50?  try opening star office 18 times, in one go).

One solution is to have scripts that load up the applications.  Each would
look to see if the application were already running and not run if already
going. Dont run kpanel or the gnome panel  on the guest accounts.  Just
have desktop icons or window manager menu's that are set for allowed
programs and make everything read only.

If they can get around that kind of protection, they are ready for some
more detailed instruction and guidance.
As the students gain profeciency, a reward of a user account could follow.

David Kirtley