Re: EDU Win Lab

On Sun, 9 May 1999, Harry  McGregor wrote:

> We were refering to a "windows" lab (I am not currently admin one,
> luckily).  Ghost will only do a sector copy on non fat32/16 partitions.
> Hopefully samantec will see the light (just like Partition Magic's
> makers did) and give it support for ext2.  The last time I did a linux
> system clone (30 systems) we used tar and bzip2, over the network.

People admining Linux labs should look into doing kickstart installations
if you use RedHat. I plan to try this myself very soon. It allows you to
"clone" and installation and repeat very easily. You can also add your own
custom scripts and such to further refine the final system state. You'll
find docs for it in the RedHat installation guide (RH 5.2 and later).

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your