Science Magazine Online Article...

... shows us the direction we should be moving in.

It talks about computer games boosting certain arithmetic test scores by
36%, and piano classes boosting the ratio and proportion scores by another
27% in a bunch of second-graders over a 4 month period, versus the control
group.

 http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/283/5410/2007b

I hate to have to give you a protected URL like that, but it's against the
copyright law for me to copy the web page.  You have to register first.
Anyway, registration is free so it's only the inconvenience.

---
Rhandeev Singh                      http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~rhandeev
Linux User Group                    http://linux.comp.nus.edu.sg
National University of Singapore