GNU Visual Basic

We discussed this some time ago (a Linux translator for MS Visual Basic
programs).  I just found this project being announced on
comp.os.linux.development.apps:

<http://www.multimania.com/sxpert/gnuvb/index.html>

Here's their description of it:

"The goal of this project is to write a gtk/gnome clone of Microsoft's
Visual Basic, using Corba (ORBit) to replace COM.

"The project is currently in the design phase, and, you would guess it,
we need developers. The mailing list is open for subscription (check the
mailing list page)."

This seems to me like a worthy project.  While I don't want to divert
anyone from working on _our_ projects, if you're a coder and haven't
found anything here that interests you enough to work on you should
contact these people and see if you'd like to help.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a