Re: Gradebook features

*,

I think using Bruno's EDUML is a no-brainer. That work is too good not to
use. At the very least we need to make sure that a filter exists to
convert whatever format is used to EDUML to promote easy data transfer
between programs.

Unfortunately, I'm not a developer. (Maybe I'll finally get around to
learning Python this summer. :-) I don't know much about designing
programs, but it seems to me that some sort of a plug-in structure would
be ideal. Maybe some teachers need only the gradebook. Maybe others would
like to add an attendance component or module (terminology?). Software
should be flexible enough to deal with a variety of needs.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your