[seul-edu] Help for Linux in education reports

Folks, I'm in the midst of preparing for the LinuxCanada show and don't
have much time to poke around to find interesting things to put in the
next two Linux in education reports, or to stimulate some discussion
here that would give me something to say.  Could you start talking about
educational areas of interest to you that I could use for the reports?
I'd appreciate it.  Tell us what you're doing with Linux, what you'd
like to do, problems you've had, areas where things could be improved,
that sort of thing.

On a somewhat related note, I started up a separate mailing list a few
months ago to work on guidelines for user interfaces that were
specifically intended for kids.  I hoped to get some HCI (human-computer
interfaces) people on the list, along with representatives from various
desktop environment and window manager projects.  I didn't get too many
HCI folks, but I did get people from KDE, GNOME, Windowmaker, etc.  We
had a pretty good beginning discussion, but it has languished recently.
I'm mentioning it here in the hope that anyone interested in this might
read through the archives <http://www.seul.org/archives/kidsui/> and
consider joining in.  Take a look and do what you think best.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just