Re: [seul-edu] SEUL/edu Linux in education report #19 for May 8

New to the list.  Great work fellows.

Great points made below but in the interest of effectively promoting linux
to California k12 folks in particular you should know. . .

California negotiated a State buy program with MS.  OS's and Office Suites
cost about $42 per seat.  NT client access licenses are $5 Nt 4 server
license is $90.

Even with these numbers the linux savings is huge.  Support is the biggest
key I think.  I have never gotten anywhere near the level of support from
MS or any other commercial vendor than I have gotten from the open source
communtity.

DK

Dan Kubilos, Technology Coordinator

Oxnard Elementary School District