Re: [seul-edu] LinuxMall.com: Kids Grok the GIMP

On Sat, 20 May 2000 rnd@onego.ru wrote:
> What is OSEF ? Is it related to seul-edu somehow?

OSEF = Open Source Education Foundation.  It is a Non-Profit corporation
that myself, and several other Linux/OSS people in Tucson AZ have started.
We have also applied for our US IRS Tax Exempt Status so that donations
can be tax deductable.

The relationship with SEUL-EDU is that I have been working with SEUL-EDU
for about two years now (not always that activly, the Corbett Lab and
other projects have kept me rather busy).

After talking with Doug Loss, his vision for SEUL-EDU was about the same
as mine, an internet meeting place for anyone involved in Open Source in
education.

The group that formed OSEF felt that a more "corp" like organization was
needed to be able to continue what we are doing (research, development,
and deployment of technologies for K12 Education).  This is not that we
like the "corp" setup, it's that most funding is only available to a true
corporation.

Doug Loss and Pat just demoed two of our proto type computers designed for
education at Linux Canada this past week.  Later this week I will have
photo's and more information on the OSEF Website.

		Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 202-OSEF (6733)