Re: [seul-edu] linux needs

We've currently got 2 486/66's that we are using XWindows on with no
problems (32 MB Ram, 1 + GB drive space) and before that we ran a
relatively nice install off of a 486/66 with 16 MB ram and a 400M hard
drive (including X).

The lowest configuration I've ever personally installed X to was a 486/33
with 8M Ram and a 300M hard drive.  (X was slow, but it did work).

I'm pretty sure it would also be possible to run them as X-Terminals if you
can't get the performance you want from installing X directly to the
machine--anyone have an idea where documentation on that might be (been a
while since I fiddled around with x-terms much)?

Let me know if I can help either on or off the list!

Michael Viron <mviron@wsdo.sao.uwf.edu>
Chief System Administrator
Web Spinners