Re: [seul-edu] Fw: Re: linux needs

> - Six 486s are Compaq Deskpro's with built-in Qvision chip, which is
> not supported by Redhat. I'm trying to get some cheap video cards to put
> in them.

I think that some of the QVision cards are supported by XFree86, even if
XConfigurator doesn't know about them.

AFAICR, the AVGA and QVision 1024 are supported, while the QVision 1280 is
actually a Matrox Atlas chip, and doesn't quite work properly. Docs for the
chipset ought to be available though, if anyone cares.

I have a QV/1280, which is driven quite nicely by an old copy of
Accelerated-X for which I happened to have a licence. Maybe you could find
six people who have upgraded or switched X servers and would let you have
their old licences?

--
dwmw2