RE: [seul-edu] Reporte semanal 2 / Weekly report 2

On Fri, 26 May 2000 jherazo@geocities.com wrote:

> > ///////////////////////////////////////////////////
> >
> > This week, there have been more interesting happenings. We released a new
> > version of the CD, 1.0-12, with all the services tested.
>
> A new cd just after i downloaded 450 Mb on a 33.6 Kbps connection. I need
> bandwidth

I should have warned about -11 and -12 being so close to each other. There
is not much you have to download. I'll put the most important packages and
directions on the FTP site so that you don't download the whole iso. This
is something I'll do for all the following releases.

> We updated the
> > software to GNOME 1.2, which comes with an almost complete Spanish
> > translation (a contrast with HelixCode Preview 1), and Netscape 4.73, which
> > also comes translated to Spanish.
>
> That`s good.
>
> > We included in the /images directory a floppy to make NFS installations,
>
> That was needed

Yes, but we've still got to document that. I hope I get time for that next
week.

> and we erased spare or duplicated
> > packages, reducing the CD's size to 361 Mb. And, as usual, we deleted
> > more details and did corrections that we had left unattended.
>
> If i'm going to redownload, that almost-100-Mb size-reduction will help.

> > Finally, regarding difussion and installation, today we got the petition
> > from another state: Tlaxcala, making 6 the interested entities. Next week
> > I'll go to San Luis Potosí to set them with Stage 2 finished.
> >

> I'm going to send to the list my ipchains ruleset in the morning. Modifying it
> for inclusion on the CD would be about an hour. What do you think?

No problem. I found some problems with the CD yesterday and I'll have
to change a few things. But the version number won't change, because all
the cover and dummy stuff that has to be delivered to the print company is
ready!

Arturo