Re: [arturo@mezcal.dyndns.org: Re: [seul-edu] Filters for SQUID]

"Daniel P. Kionka" wrote:

> I am trying to set up the same thing.  squidGuard looks good, but it
> looks like it is easy to defeat.  You just change your preferences to
> not use a proxy, and then set it back when you are done surfing.  Is
> there some way to use ipchains to force the web traffic through squid?

If you're masquerading a network through a proxy server (which a school
should), then setting preferences not to use a proxy should mean you
can't web browse at all. Don't let port 80 through the firewall, then
you'll *have* to use the proxy.

Dan
--
dankolb@ox.compsoc.net  Oxford University Computer Society Secretary

--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed; don't trust everything you read above--