[Jean-Pierre.Demailly@ujf-grenoble.fr: Re: [seul-edu] Translation Dictionary]

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

From: Jean-Pierre Demailly <Jean-Pierre.Demailly@ujf-grenoble.fr>
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Translation Dictionary
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:27:11 +0200 (MEST)

> Thanks for mentioning the German dictionary on
> SEUL-edu.  It is quite a good tool.  I didn't pay enough
> attention are there other translation dictionaries
> (English-Italian, English-Spanish, and English-French)
> available?
>
> Bill
> TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
> Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
> <http://www.tasis.ch/>

There are -- and more. The well-known Babylon translator program for
Windows has been (unofficially) ported to Linux. Check e.g. our FTP site

ftp://ftp.ac-grenoble.fr/ge/languages

where you'll find the babytrans-0.37.tgz package and the corresponding
Babylon dictionaries. (The GTK port of babylon is due to F.Jolliton and
has been published under the GPL).

The Babylon site (http://www.babylon.com) also announces an official
freeware Linux version to come, but I have no information about its
current status nor on the exact licensing terms.

Jean-Pierre Demailly

----- End forwarded message -----