Link updates (was Re: [seul-edu] seul-edu posting guidelines)

prytherch@talk21.com wrote:

> >Links to other Linux in education sites:
> > http://www.seul.org/edu/links.html
>
> afaik www.ose.org.uk is no longer actively updated, as all UK effort for Free software in schools is now with the Open Source In Education project.
> Although www.osie.org.uk has yet to officially launch, it might be best to update the link to the sourceforge page
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/osie
>
> I'm sure there'll be an *official* announcement here when osie launches :-)

Thanks, Richard.  I'll get that changed.  This is a good lead-in to a request I've been meaning to make for a while.

Maintaining the SEUL/edu website is too big a job for one person.  I write the Linux in education reports and maintain the alphabetical listing of
educational software on the wiki; Bill Tihen is responsible for the documentation section; Karl Peņa keeps the projects list up to date; Bruno Vernier
administers the wiki.  What we've been missing is someone to maintain the "Links worldwide" section.  I know that some of the links there are either
out of date (as above) or dead, but I don't seem to have the time to keep it updated.

We need someone to assume the responsibility of keeping the links page accurate and timely.  This wouldn't be terribly difficult or
time-consuming--just visiting each link once a week or so, then removing the dead ones or changing ones that have moved.  Oh, and adding links to new
sites as we become aware of them.  If it takes as much as an hour a week I'll be very surprised.  So who's going to stand up and be counted?  If more
than one of you do, we'll be happy to let you share the task!

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid