Re: [seul-edu] [OT] beacon under fire

As I look this over, I find I am missing out on the notion of the the
"required high-stakes standardized tests" as it is applied.

I understand there is a different approach in NY as opposed to
Caliornia. to testing, but, when they say "Standardized Tests", do they
refer to a proscibed litany of subject matter to be accomplished in a
lock-step schedule, or is it just "overall knowledge of the subject
material" that is being evaluated?

Bill

Karl wrote:

> I just read this news (below) about the Beacon School, and thought that
> some of SEUL-EDU's members might understand the important
> educational-issues Beacon advocates, and inscribes upon young pioneers.

SNIP .......