From: owner-seul-edu@seul.org [mailto:owner-seul-edu@seul.org]On Behalf
Of elawson
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 9:17 AM
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: [seul-edu] CIPA and Linux

Is anyone looking at the requirements of CIPA for filtering systems and how
Linux could provide a good solution?  In my talks with school administrators
on this subject I hear a constant refrain of Cyberpatrol and NT.  Given the
short time frames in the statute, it seems few are giving any consideration
to alternatives nor do I see much dscssion of alternatives anywhere.  It
seems this is leading to further entrenchment of NT and foreclosing an
opportunity for Linux in education.

Ed Lawson