Re: [seul-edu] RE: selling Linux

I agree that selling by evanglising may not be successful.  Linux is the tool, not the end.  If you have a compelling product for the customer that runs well in Linux and cost a lot less than windows, that is a good sale. Pitching how Linux is better than windows in general may be a good evanglical exercise, but may not be a good sale.

J.

--

On Tue, 15 May 2001 11:04:00
 Daniel Guermeur wrote:
>BTW if you try to sell Linux by saying Microsoft is bad you may have a hard
>time... and also this is not really convincing. I would present Linux as a
>viable alternative. Here we use Linux for all our client servers not because
>it is better than Microsoft but because it is easier to work with, maintain
>and also it cheaper too...
>
>my 2cts.
>D aniel

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!