Re: [seul-edu] pre-installed OS (was: Donated Computers)

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 12:31, Nicolas Marchildon wrote:
> BTW, do they have any justification on why "it is a legal requirement that
> pre-installed operating systems remain with a machine for the life of the
> machine"? I feel like this is a terrible lie!

I'll bet that if they're cornered on it, the response will be, `Oh, we didn't
phrase that very well, did we?' Yeah, suuure... this from the king of
monopolistic OEM management tactics? I think they wore out their presumed
innocence before 1980.

What it really should say is that `pre-installed' operating systems cannot (in
theory) legally be used on another machine, even an identical one.

Cheers; Leon