[seul-edu] Education's move to Linux; looking for your experiences

Doug Loss recommended I send my question to both lists, hence the
cross-posting.

I'm looking for examples, experiences, statistics, and happy stories
about your findings in the aftermath of Microsoft's latest license push
in the schools. Have you seen an increase in inquiries for free
software/open source alternatives? Any testimonies or "case studies" out
there? Any general impressions? Does anybody think Microsoft's actions
may have had a negative effect on Linux in schools?

I'm putting together a story about the positive effect (if any?)
Microsoft's "crack downs" have had for Linux in education.

You can reply on list or to me directly - I think on list replies might
generate some good discussion though. If for some reason you need your
comments to be unattributed, please do reply to me privately at
tina@newsforge.com . This story is going up by the end of the week if
the journalism gods smile on me.

Thanks so much,
Tina Gasperson