Re: [seul-edu] single login across multiple servers

NIS is quite straightforward and easy to engineer. All distros should have
support for this built in, etc. The simplest approach to get the job done.

LDAP is definitely sexier but its going to take more effort to implement.
LDAP can be used across multiple servers (ie. slaves) to implement an
entire org tree, but normally one just has a single NIS server (which is
what you want) and then another for failover.

I like NIS. Simple. Bulletproof.

I also like LDAP. Sexy and you can do more things with it.

Les Richardson