Re: [seul-edu] single login across multiple servers

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 23:41, Dan Yonker wrote:
> I am looking for options and/or pointers on setting up multiple linux
> servers and having them authenticate from the same user base.  Is NIS
> better or easier than LDAP?

I would use LDAP for the additional people-base features that get included,
and for the ability to encrypt the password transaction. I think that the
Macs still require separate consideration with netatalk or something
regardless of the path you take. LDAP is harder to initially set up than NIS
but is also easier to control in terms of self-management and the like.

Cheers; Leon