Re: [seul-edu] ISO software evals

Doug Loss wrote:

 > Gordon, we have 31 programs listed under "Science"
 > <http://richtech.ca/cgi-bin/seul/seulvw.pl?category=Science>.  Could
 > you take a look at them and see which ones seem likely to be useful
 > in a school?  If you're not sure, include it.  This is a preliminary
 > cut to remove programs that obviously have no pedagogical value
 > (which isn't to say that they're not useful; just not useful in a
 > classroom setting).

Doug,

I just scanned the list and descriptions quickly and (un?)fortunately
cannot recommend any cuts without further evaluation (sorry, I'm a
packrat). There are titles I'm anxious to try (most of the chem. or
phys.) and some I wish I was organized enough to use, but none I can
offhand dismiss. My list of lame excuses for not having run most of
the programs includes preps for three provincial exams, two of my own,
next year's budget, three pretty cute kids here at home and chronic
lack of sleep due to playoff hockey! Every time I think the list will
shorten, it seems to get longer:-} I'll let the list know when I start
to evaluate certain programs.

All the best

Gordon Truesdale

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--