Re: [seul-edu] wine testing efforts

On 22 May 2002 at 7:46, Matt Drew wrote:
> James Oden wrote:

> Kidpix

Since I'm the one that brought this one up...

I have since played with Krayon. It's not *quite* there yet, but
could probably be made to do so without a whole lot of effort. If
it's a hassle getting KidPix to work with wine, it may be easier to
put some development into Krayon.

> Math Blaster (Edmark?)

Davidson, actually (at least our version is - it's amazing to me how
many times these programs change hands, like Carmen Sandiego:
Broderbund -> Riverdeep -> LearningCo IIRC).

If you get Math Blaster to work, I'm assuming (and we all know what
that does) that Reading Blaster will work as well.

> Oregon Trail (has a possible OSS replacement)

What's the replacement? I'd be interested in this, too.

> SASI or SAFI - Virginia equivalent to SIMS (name probably wrong)

*ugh* (assuming you're talking about NCS Pearson's SASI) It's bad
enough under windows.

The only thing noticably missing from your list is the "Knowledge
Adventure" (JumpStart) products. Without seeing any statistics to
tell for sure, I'd be positive they have the biggest market share
outside the classroom of the 'edutainment' products.

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreekschools.org                              785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world