Re: [seul-edu] problems writing CDs

Read the CD-Writing How-To at linuxdoc.org.  Make sure everything is
set up correctly and then try it from a command shell so that you
get "real" error messages instead of ones being translated by a
graphical front-end.

I, too had trouble getting started with CD burning until I started
doing it from the command line and found out what the "real"
problems were.  I was using RedHat 7.2 at the time.

If you upgrade to RH 7.3, a few things are different (for me, they
were simpler -- YMMV).

Ken

On Sunday 26 May 2002 07:20 am, Dave Prentice wrote:
> Hello,
>     I'm trying to set up a CD burner so I can duplicate stuff to
use at
> school. (Available software is either x-cd-roast or gnome toaster
under
> RedHat 7.2.) I just got hold of a SAF CD-R 2004 burner and a
Compaq
> CR-503BCQ reader. Both drives read just fine.
>
> When I try to copy a CD on gnome toaster I get the following error
message:

> Operation starts.
> cdrecord: SAO writing not available or not implemented for this
drive.
> cdrecord: cannot send CUE sheet.
> child exited unexpectedly.
> CD recording process finished.
>
> On X-CD-roast I get a message that "Your CD-writer did not accept
the CUE
> sheet needed for DAO writing."
>
>     However, this drive explicitly _does_ support DAO. As I write
this I'm
> retrying X-CD-roast with TAO and it seems to be working, but isn't
there a
> disadvantage with TAO as opposed to DAO?
>     I know what TAO and DAO are, but what are SAO and CUE sheets?
Also, I'm

--
"Mankind are governed more by their feelings than by reason."
          --Samuel Adams