[seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: Question about PHPTrackMeetReg]

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Jason Wies <jason@xc.net>
To: Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net>
Subject: Re: Question about PHPTrackMeetReg
Date: 15 May 2003 21:31:01 +0000

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:45:14PM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> Jason,
>
>    As you may know, we're working on an ISO of educational software
> <http://www.seul.org/edu/iso.html> for Linux at the SEUL/edu project.
> Our main requirement for applications to be included on this ISO is that
> they be scholastically useful (we're focusing on K12 schools).  We've
> been evaluating as many of the apps that we know about as we can, but
> the effort is languishing as many volunteer projects do.  I've
> determined that any app that is currently being used in one or more
> schools has de facto demonstrated that it is scholastically useful and
> has passed our Phase 2 evaluation.
>
>    That brings me to my question.  Is PHPTrackMeetReg currently in use
> in a school?  If so, I can put it on the Phase 2 list.  Thanks for your
> help!

The answer is "most likely".  I can't say definitively "yes" because I haven't
received feedback from a school that is using it (nor would I expect to),
but schools are the target audience and there have been enough downloads and
installations that a school somewhere is most likely using it. :)

Jason
--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain