[seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: Question about Tablix]

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Tomaz Solc <tomaz.solc@siol.net>
To: Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net>
Subject: Re: Question about Tablix
Date: 17 May 2003 20:02:20 +0200

Hi

I think your idea of making an ISO with education software is great. I hope it will help more schools turn to free software.

>    That brings me to my question.  Is Tablix currently in use in a
> school?  If so, I can put it on the Phase 2 list.  Thanks for your help!

I got feedback from schools that are testing Tablix. They say that the results are promissing,  but unfortunately I can't confirm that any of them are acually using Tablix for their real timetables.
Now and then I even get emails from people that want to change some part of Tablix and there was one teacher that tried porting Tablix to windows.

I am quite sure that no school in my country is using it. I have talked to some teachers that were making timetables by hand and although they said that they would like to see a computer doing that for them they didn't even care to look at the results of my program.

Hope that helps
Tomaz Solc
--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain