[seul-edu] Linux in education report #96 for May 19

It's here:

http://www.seul.org/edu/report96.html

"Ian Lynch told us about a serious European complaint against Microsoft. Because of the nature of the complaint, we're printing it here in total:

"In December I filed a complaint to the UK Office of Fair Trading with
regard to Microsoft Schools Agreement being anti-competitive because it
requires the payment of licences to MS for machines that do not run any
of their software. I think most people would agree that an effect of
this, intentional or not, is to block competition by ensuring revenue
for MS from rival installations. There was an article in the Register
and the Times on this and I am talking to Computer Weekly about it
tomorrow. The OFT have now decided there are reasonable grounds for a
full investigation so collecting evidence is important..."

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain