[seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: Question about LISSARD]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Question about LISSARD
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:20:13 -0500
From: Will Glynn <delta407@lerfjhax.com>
To: Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net>

Our main requirement for applications to be included on this ISO is that
they be scholastically useful (we're focusing on K12 schools). We've been evaluating as many of the apps that we know about as we can, but the effort is languishing as many volunteer projects do.
Understood.

I've determined that any app that is currently being used in one or more schools has de facto demonstrated that it is scholastically useful and has passed our Phase 2 evaluation.
Understood.

   That brings me to my question.  Is LISSARD currently in use in a
school?  If so, I can put it on the Phase 2 list.
Yes and no. I'm standing in a Holday Inn somewhere in New Jersey, so I can't
go to the length that I typically would; the LISSARD website explains the
following statement. <http://www.lissard.org/> The old LISSARD codebase is
currently in use, and has been in use exclusively since August 2002, by a
private high school in Minnesota. However, the old codebase is no longer
under development, favoring LISSARD's new codebase -- it is much nicer, but
currently has no end-user functionality. So, yes and no. ;-)

Talk to you later. E-mail if you need more clarification, or even if you
don't have a reason... I like e-mail regarding LISSARD.

--Will

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain