Micah's menu program

As many of you know, Micah Yoder wrote a menuing program designed to host
educational programs (Micah, correct me where I get this wrong).  It was to
keep track of the student's progress in the various programs listed, and to
use that information to lock out or enable options on the system.  For
example, access to a reward game program might not be available till a
certain level of proficiency was displayed in some educational program.

As I recall, Micah had the program to a point where it needed just a bit more
 work to be useable.  Micah, can you let us know what remains to be done to
your program? I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say if we can
 help we'll be happy to.  Also, what is the interface between the menuing
program and the hosted programs?  Maybe we can convince some other people to
start writing code to work with your menu.  I've been thinking about a drill
and practice program for spelling, arithmetic, things like that.  It'd be
nice to get it to work with your menu.  A note for anyone else interested in
the D'n'P program: I won't have time to work on it before December for sure.
 But if anyone else wants to collaborate and has more immediate time than I
do I'll be happy to share the idea.

Finally, just because I'm curious: Micah, do you by chance come from an Amish
 or Mennonite background?  I ask because here in PA the family name Yoder is
extremely common in the Amish community, and Micah (being Biblical) is not an
 unusual surname.  I realize that computers would probably be anathema to the
 Amish, but I just had to ask.

--
Doug Loss            An idealist is one who, on noticing that
dloss@csrlink.net    roses smell better than cabbage, concludes