DTP software for Linux

Bill mentioned that he didn't know of any layout software for Linux.  I'm assuming that any
of the various TeX-based programs aren't what they're looking for, but something more along
the lines of PageMaker or Ventura Publisher.  Actually, showing the things like LyX might not
 be a bad idea, but for Mac/Win-type DTP software the only thing I know of at this time is
Xclamation from Axene.  It seems reasonably priced, but I haven't actually used it myself so
I can't really say anything about it.  I thought there was a layout program listed in the
GNOME software map, but I can't find it at the moment.  Does anyone know of any open source
layout programs under development?

--
Doug Loss            An idealist is one who, on noticing that
dloss@csrlink.net    roses smell better than cabbage, concludes