Re: Cheerleading

Bruno Vernier wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 07:52:04AM -0500, Doug Loss wrote:
>
> I feel like taking a month off to learn about comprehensive data modelling,
> before taking on the leadership role you propose.

Please don't (at least, don't take a month off from seul-edu); you're
thoughts are too valuable.

> Finally, having proved the concept and made the lowest common denominator
> work (namely email input), we can encourage a thousand input methods to
> flourish (barcode, voice recognition, gesture recognition, direct Gbook
> entry , whatever) which would all spit out the appropriate tags.

I think this is an extremely important aspect of what we're talking
about.  It seems to me as though XML is definitely the way to go.  I'll
be mildly surprised if there aren't now (or won't be in the near future)
XML to SQL (or pretty much any other database format) converters
available.  With such, we could use virtually any backend data system
while maintaining a wide variety of frontend user interfaces and input
systems.

> did I make any sense?

Well, maybe a little. :-)

--
Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards