Second Draft of First Draft

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 04:39:33PM -0600, Justin Bradford wrote:

> Furthermore, there is software to allow us to read the XML files in a
> convenient "tree-menu" view, via DOM interfaces. So an application could

do you know any tree-menu viewers (open source) for Linux?

it seems as if the XML meme is flash-burning through the net!  The more I
think about it, the more it feels right.  Tag-mania has begun.  I feel infected
with that XML meme.  I am very impressed with Gnumeric's use of XML for data
storage.  Since XML (of one type) to XML (of another type) conversions are
relatively easy, we don't need to be too stressed about getting the "right"
tags in our first draft.

Second Draft of First Educational Data Format Draft:

Performance Tags:  from IMS  (and I agree with Justin's thoughts on IMS)
 (specified in earlier posting)

Assessment Tags:  from SATML  (Teresa's work) itself based on IMS
 (described in earlier reposting)

Learner Profile Tags: (I have not yet found a clear set in the IMS stuff)

The above might be sufficient for the Gradebook and edulp applications
... I am still sifting through all those XML in education URLs ...

Bruno