Re: First list of pointers and wishes, and an aside

Douglas Loss wrote:

> I apologize for this first list being perhaps incomplete, but I left all the
> messages on my computer at work.  Here's what I remember from them.  I don't
> remember who submitted what, but I'll get that info and post it on Monday.
>
> Pointers
>
> For some typing tutors and language instruction programs take a look at:
>
> <ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/cai/>.
>
> In <ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/misc/> there are two programs of
> interest:
>
> chemtool-1.1.1.tar.gz, a menu-driven program for drawing organic molecules
> under X, and nut3.tar.gz, a program to record and analyze meals according to
> the USDA Nutrient Database.
>
> Wishes
>
> Tim Wilson (I think) wanted a program to allow the on-screen construction of
> electronic circuits from discrete components (resistors, transistors,
> capacitors, etc.) and which would allow students to connect virtual testing
> equipment to the circuits at various points to see their simulated
> performance.  I pointed him to spice3f4 and SPICECAD, which looked like
> possibilities but which might be too powerful for his stated need.  Tim, how

> Justin and Justin, where do each of you want to go from here?  Justin Maurer,
>  would you be interested in letting your gradebook code be used as the
> beginning of the admin software we've been discussing?  Justin Bradford, does
>  that sound like the sort of thing you're looking for?

i would like to continue as i have: coding my gradebook. i'll put the
new code in cvs soon, probably under the artistic license. feel free to
build other components individually. there really shouldn't be much work
required for integrating them, if we are talking gnome (though it is
toolkit/lib independant). i've got quite a distaste for the IMS project,
though. it will be simple, straight, normal, parsable XML.

# Justin Maurer                         GNOME Hacker
# justin@openprojects.net               Debian Developer
# http://slashdot.org/                  Slashdot Author
# 09 84 FC 03 13 AA 4A AF  F6 A4 85 9D 8C 96 B6 A4