Logo style program in 3D

Miguel Sepulveda writes:

 > In principle I thoough of this project as part of my on going OpenGL
 > tutorial on LinuxFocus and also as a game, linux game, for my
 > daughter. The source code will be GNU-available to people trough our
 > magazine. Right now I am still thinking on the design of the game
 > itself; my daugther is almost 6 and very clever, nevertheless moving
 > around in a 3D world is a very hard thing even to adults and I am not
 > sure on wether to forget about LOGO and instead use the mouse for
 > movements....  any suggestions?

Rather than move directly through the world, perhaps action primitives
could be presented as building blocks (locally).  The player assembles
more complicated algorithms in a graphical way then presses "go" for the
turtle to start.  "Primitives" could be relatively complex, things like:

- wander around
- meeting another turtle?	<-- predicate
- move in a specific way
- pick up / drop stuff
- exchange ideas (algorithms)
- chat				<-- social interaction

An overarching goal of the game could be to cooperate w/ another turtle
to solve a problem, after which a different challenge or scenario would
be formulated.  Definitely avoid trigger-action stuff (since global TCP
latency would make it suck, and the genre is already covered by numerous
instances).

Cool, turtles make me think of: slow, steady, growing wise.

thi