Re: [seul-edu] Users Changing their Passwords over web?

Bill thanks!  That helps..  And sorry for being so verbose...

> > You can eliminate most of these issues from a linux or
> > freebsd firewall.
> >

> I don't understand this -- do you mean I could extract
> parts of existing programs?
>
> Bill

If the main issue was for internal access, and security
concerns, then we could just make a good solid firewall.

But the issue is really two things..
	- data security
	- Student level usability

1. First, I would suggest dealing with the data security issues.
   (making sure people can get through your firewall)
	- enable SSL, WWW access to a specific WWW server
	  to make these future modifications and access to
	  open web stuff.

2. Then work on the WWW based tool.  Since at first the tool
   is just internal, we can probably focus on just PHP (or
   CGI) software.  And look at SSL.

I am pretty busy currently, but I will try to take a look
at writing some instructions to setup the SSL, PHP, Apache
(I think someone just did this on the list recently, or
 one of the lists I am on).

Currently I am pretty busy with working a helping on a firewall
tool (oh, and work).

Mark
--
Mark Dalton       CH3-S-CH2 H                      H      O       H
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  |   |                      |       \      |