Re: [seul-edu] Linux mandate for the Mexican school system

Scott Raney wrote:

> A new customer of ours at a K12 teacher training school in Mexico just
> brought this article on the new mandate from the Mexican government to
> use Linux in schools to my attention:
> http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,16107,00.html
>
> I've recommended to him that he join this list, but I would think that
> establishing some more formal relationship between the group that is
> spearheading that effort and the seul-edu group would be of benefit to
> both.

ScholarNet is now known as Red Escobar, and has a new link
<http://redesc.linux.org.mx/>.  We've had the same link that Wired just
found on our links page for about a year.  Arturo is a member of this
mailing list, although he's too busy with his other responsibilities to
take part in the discussions here very often.

Having said all that, we certainly what anyone with an interest in Linux
in education to join SEUL/edu, and we're ready to help out organizations
like Red Escobar in any way we can.