Re: [seul-edu] SIF Specification v1.0

Ian Thomas wrote:

> The SIF preliminary Specification v 1.0 is available at
>
> http://www.schoolsinterop.org/specification.asp
>
> SIF is an interoperability standard for K-12 instructional and
> administrative environments.

We looked at this a while ago, and Bruno and I had some discussion with
the fellow from MistyCity Software about how we could participate in
it.  It seems that if you aren't a commercial software vendor or a big
institutional education group you aren't invited.  What we saw had a
ways to go before it would be useful; maybe they've worked hard and
caught up to Bruno's EduML by now.  I'm concerned that Microsoft's heavy
involvement in SIF may taint it from a vendor neutrality standpoint.
Bruno, would you consider looking at this again and giving us your
opinion?