Re: Group memory (was Re: [seul-edu] ebook readers and other such devices...)

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

> This has been mentioned before on occasion, and we're trying to come up
> with a good way to address it.  I'm leaning toward going through our
> email archives and assembling the posts on similar topics into a
> manageable number of documents that (with judicious editing) will give
> the sense of SEUL/edu's thoughts and desires on various things.  These
> 'sense of SEUL/edu' documents would then be linked to from the main
> webpage, and updated whenever there was a need.  This would of course be
> a labor-intensive undertaking.  Ian Bicking has started to develop a
> list of categories from the subjects of our email archive messages, but
> it's still too large to use as our topic outline.  If we do go this
> route, I'd like to see no more than 30 (and fewer would probably be
> better) of these documents.  Then when a topic comes up, we can all
> reread what was said previously and start from that point rather than
> continually starting from square one.

The really neat thing about this is that if it were done regularly we
might could be added as a regular feature in LWN :) But I'm overcommitted
about two months as it is :( Explain to me why I am taking classes
again...? :)

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/