[seul-edu] Web-based school software alert

Since Zope was mentioned, I should add this about something that came across
the Zope mailing list.

Rik Hoekstra (hoekstra@fsw.LeidenUniv.nl) mentioned in the Zope list that
his university was developing a school Web Based Learning system.  This is a
modular system which uses Zope (see <http://www.zope.org> if you're not
familiar with Zope) and is designed towards delivering course content in an
easy to use Zope-based style.  With that said, however, I'm sure I'm not
doing the system any justice with my description (but that's okay, see
below:-).

There are some drawbacks, however.  The system is under very active
development (read: moving target) and presently the system is entirely in
Dutch.  Rik says the designers do plan an international version and that a
goal is to produce a real Zope product.

If you'd like to take a look at things, a demo is being constructed (might
not be ready for a few days though) if you check out the following URL:

<http://sw.fsw.leidenuniv.nl:8000/osje/zWOL2/demo/wsos>

teacher access
Login: tguest
password: tguest

student access
Login: sguest
password: sguest

--
 Regards,                | Why would anyone want to run an operating
 .                       | system that is open source and is developed