Re: [seul-edu] Announcement: LingoTeach

Odile Bénassy wrote:

> Reto Stamm wrote:
>
> > It's also possible to say "For me, "Meeting people" is 8 and
> > Backpacking is 10, Mechanical Engineering is 2 out of 10." Then
> > the SW
> > will make sure that you advance with these Priorities.
>
> don't grasp what you mean here; please explain

I think that not everyone needs to know the same bits of the language
with the same proficiency. There is a difference if I go to some place
backpacking, I need to know personal Conversation and so on. But if I go
on a Business trip, Formality is more important, and I need to know all
kinds of technical terms as well. So I think it would be good to tell
these preferences to the software, and the software then internally
prioritizes (lesson A is 2 times as big, but only .25 times as important
as lesson B, so we make sure that for every word that is learned from
lesson A 2 words are learned from lesson B). This will always be an
approximation, I guess if you stand within 25% of what you actually want
there should be no major conflicts that would cause some kind of a dead
lock (I just imagine this could happen if you have loads prerequisites
defined).

Hope this is more clear

--reto

--