[seul-edu] [Fwd: The CCEL CD-ROM]

I was looking over some of my saved emails and thought this one might be
of
interest to some of you on the list. I would like to talk with those who
are
and then reapproach the individual again with making the ideas come to
reality.

The materials on his site are useful for more than just "religious"
education.

Adam Cody

-- BEGIN included message

Dear Adam,

Thanks for your note and your ideas.  I would like to add some of the
items you mention to the ccel -- such as lesson plans or online coures
of study (though my goal would be more along the lines of a seminary
education).  Maybe digitized versions of courses offered in seminaries.
But don't expect anything like soon -- it takes an exremely large amount
of work and someone willing to part wiht intellectual property rights.

I also hope to add audio sermons, talks, etc. -- though I've had this
hope for some time and not much as materialized.  But I think such
things will start to appear.

There is a group called "OpenBible" planning to make open source bible
study software for linux using ThML, the markup language desiged for the
CCEL. If you are interested in learning more about ThML or OpenBible,
look at the ThML page, http://www.ccel.org/ThML

Blessings,

Harry

-- END included message