Re: [seul-edu] Re: home-schooling thread**Advuce needed**

Adam Cody wrote:

> Roger R Dingledine wrote:
>
> > We have a lot of bandwidth and storage space on the seul servers.
>
> Is it possible to then create and encourage mini-groups off of the main
> seul-edu website?

Currently, projects usually get their own subdomains, i.e.,
gperiodic.seul.org, rather than being set up as
www.seul.org/edu/<some_project>.html.  If there's a reason for being a
link off the SEUL/edu website rather than a separate subdomain that's no
problem, but I think for general use the shorter URL is easier for
browsers to use.

> Reason being , if I can put my site nestled under the main seul-edu to
> bring
> more traffic to the whole project then great. And if my site grows in
> documentation then it's local for everyone else to use. It will also
> allow
> each of use to use the different applications we are mentioning for the
> main seul-edu projects. (example, Zope) Just an idea.

Zope isn't being talked about just for SEUL/edu, but for SEUL as a whole
(right, Roger?).  We're probably driving its installation, but it should
be available to any SEUL group that wants to use it.

> It might be to much of an admin nightmare. It would also free each of us
> from add banners. And if someone decided to let the site go they could
> give
> it back to the group so to speak to manage. This way we don't lose
> anything.

Maiantenance is always an ongoing concern with volunteer projects.  I've
removed some projects from our projects page that I really would have
liked to see completed because they were one-person efforts and that
person lost interest in (or didn't have the time for) the project.
Generally, if the prime mover of a project walks away from it, it dies.
We can maintain the info for a while if asked to, but unless someone
else steps forward to take responsibility for it it will eventually be
removed.