LWCE NY Panel (was: Re: [seul-edu] My Lack of Presence)

--- Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net> wrote:
> Jeff Knox wrote:
>
> >  I am also a panelist at LinuxWorld NYC for the Open Source in
> > Education panel.
> >  I believe I have mentioned my plans for setting up a volunteer
> > database. I plan on starting working on that as well.
>
> If that's the same panel I'm thinking of, I'll be on it too.  All
> the more reason to come (or to stay away), folks.  You get two for
> the price of one!

It's the same one :)

http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/session.html#6 - scroll down, it's the third from
the last.  Doug and Jeff have both graciously agreed to sit on this panel,
along with Emmett Plant of Linux.com, Greg Sanders of Themes.org, and David
Mandel of the Portland Linux Users Group.

I get to moderate these great guys and try to keep the discussion within the
allotted 75 minutes - if LWCE SJC was any indication, this may prove to be a
task of Herculean proportions. ;)  Last time, the discussion was on what
education and Open Source can do for each other.  This time we're looking
specifically at what the community can do for schools.

Our session will be open to ALL ATTENDEES.  You don't have to register for a
conference badge to see it (though if your company or whatever wants to send
you, that's great... we'd like for LWCE to keep approving these panels so we
don't want IDG to lose money on them *G*)  At any rate, an exhibits-only badge
will get you into this session.  So.. it's not even two for the price of one,
Doug, it's two for free *G*  I'd like for as many people who are interested in
this topic as possible to be there, so please let me know if there are any
other lists I need to contact.  I look forward to hearing this list's input on
topics we should be sure to discuss as well.

Thanks,

Jessica.

=====
* In real life, reann de l'arbre du lac is:   *
* Jessica Lee Sheffield * starlady@linux.com  *
* Linux Groupie * Education Advocate * Techie *