[seul-edu] Fwd: [Kde-edu]Welcome to the new kde-edu

Subject: [Kde-edu]Welcome to the new kde-edu
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:30:18 +0100
From: Daniel Molkentin <molkentin@kde.org>
To: kde-edu@kde.org

Hello there,

KDE-EDU is back! We recreated KDE-EDU for mainly two purposes:

1. To have a forum for questions and discussions on how to use KDE in
 schools or other educational environments. As we want to get as many
 Windows user as possible to use KDE un Linux/UNIX as their default
 working platform, we want to give support every effort to use KDE in
 educational facilities.

2. To talk about new KDE programs that can be used or are indented for
educational purposes. Therefore, I will regulary check apps.kde.com for
such programs and post them here.
We also strongly encourage people to write or port such programs or
 report about existing ones here. For porting purposes also have a look
 at the "kde-devel" and "kde2-porting" mailinglists.

Who should subscribe?

- Everyone who is interested in an alternative to Windows in his
 educational environment ("KDE for the Classroom")
- People willing to contribute educational programs to KDE
- KDE-interested teachers and studends

regards,

Daniel Molkentin
KDE-EDU maintainer