Re: [seul-edu] Re: [Fwd: Re: Software for journal publish]

OSS, by its nature, can not emulate Microsoft strategy. Microsoft can get familiarity and preference
established early and then to allow that perspective to influence later patterns, and then Microsoft can make a bundle. However, even if OSS did all that, nobody can make a boundle, at least nobody know how to yet.  Apache has influence overa all webserver patterns, users like it and save a bundle, who made a boundle? Covalent ? not yet.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we will find win-win for OSS methodology sooner or later. However, emulating Microsoft marketing strategy is not it.