Re: [seul-edu] Distro Dementia

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 02:33:22AM -0600, Les Richardson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have heard some talk about making an educational only distribution.  I
> assume that we're not talking about a "real distro" in the sense that we do
> hardware detection, etc. but rather an application only CD that can run "on
> top of" various popular distro's (and hopefully most of them with only
> minor changes. (i.e. libraries issues,etc.))
>
> Am I correct in this assumption?

I'm not sure if your assumption is correct (I can't speak for others on
the list), but this is more-or-less what I was suggesting.

Let [distro vender] figure out the standard distro-related stuff,
then we can provide a CD / [deb | rpm]-package-repository / etc.
for the various needs of educators and students.

-bill!