Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] RE: [why schools don't adopt OSS]]

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 03:56:46PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:41:49AM -0800, William Kendrick wrote:
> > > Two minor picky points:
> > >
> > > 1. this is better done as a Debian project than a separate apt-gettable
> > > repository
> >
> > Cool. :)
>
> Is that a "I'd like to volunteer to do that" "cool" or a "that's a neat
> idea, let me know when you have something" "cool"? :)

Oh crap! :)  Hehehe... Umm.. we'll say "the latter" for now.
(I've been lucky enough to have other folks take care of .deb-ifying my
games and such :) )

> Once upon a time I heard noises about people being interested in doing a
> debian-edu group to make sure something like this happens, but nobody took
> the ball. :/

There's "Debian Jr", too, isn't there?

<snip>

> Tasksel is a separate package runnable after the initial install.  Nothing
> prevents you from running it after the initial install.  It won't wreck
> anything.  I was merely pointing out what was the more typical case.

Ok, cool.  I'm not too familiar with Debian packaging methods.
I just know what I've seen ("task-ximian", for example :) )

-bill!