Re: [seul-edu] Site tools for Schoolforge

Kevin Stiles wrote:

> True that we should avoid using IIS as our default for SchoolForge.
>
> But that may not be the case for other schools looking at joining the
> project.  Many of the individuals who are taking a look at these
> projects and may want to be involved or are just starting out may not
> have the option (at first) of changing existing infrastructure.
> Products that utilize Pearl, PHP and MySQL are cross-platform in nature
> and with little or no work can be used on almost any OS or webserver,
> even win95/98.  That is the primary reason my stuff is all done with
> PHP and MySQL.

You're talking about the educational application development, right?  For
people _using_ the Schoolforge site, there should be no need for anything
other than a web browser, as David said.  For OSS software being developed
for school use you make a good point, but I don't think we'll likely make
cross-platform capacity a _requirement_.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people