Re: [seul-edu] quiz apps

Try:

http://edvisor.org/?search=quiz

That gives at least 31 hits. Some of these are web based, others are
desktop based.

Also, one that I have been working on: Edventure
(http://dangermouse.brynmawr.edu/edventure/docs/) is much more than
a system to give quizzes, but could be used just for that. It:

- is written in PHP
- has support for postgresql, mysql (etc) backend
- is password protected (NIS, or internal system)
- is GNU GPL protected
- has gradebook, assignments, upload/download documents, quiz etc
- can send email, chat (through Babylon java applet), etc.

The quiz part has:

- explanations, when wrong
- points/score
- difficulty level
- topic/subtopic
- automatic versioning
- pie-chart summary of answers per question
- instant feedback, or summary score

It also has an XML synch/export option
http://dangermouse.brynmawr.edu/edventure/xml/

It is aimed at being a replacement for things like Blackboard or
WebCT, but it is currently at version 0.8, with version 1.0
appearing in the spring.

-Doug

--
Douglas S. Blank,         Assistant Professor
dblank@brynmawr.edu,            (610)526-6501