Slideshow available (was Re: [seul-edu] I.B.M. Helps Promote Linux)

on Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:15:53AM +0000, Yishay Mor (y.mor@ioe.ac.uk) wrote:
> Linux is a rising star in the geeky back office of computing. Its gains
> have come as an operating system for the data-serving computers that run
> corporate networks and serve up Web pages. On the desktop, Microsoft's

<...>

> One indication of their more aggressive approach came yesterday when an
> I.B.M. executive, Samuel J. Docknevich, delivered a speech at a
> technology conference outside Boston titled "The Time Is Now for Linux
> on the Desktop."
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/11/technology/11blue.html?th

The slideshow from Sam's presentation is now online at DesktopLinux.com:

    http://www.desktoplinux.com/files/article003/index.html

Some good data there (15K desktops in IBM, 25k planned by year-end
2003), and some insights on IBM's desktop plans.

Peace.

    SECURE OS Software's version of literature's unicorn
    - l'Inq                                       http://www.theinquirer.net/